MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2001 SLK 320 and the passenger side low beam headlight

Customer Question

I have a 2001 SLK 320 and the passenger side low beam headlight is not working. I replaced the bulb ($99.95) but this did not fix the problem. I verified the bulb is good by swapping with the driver side. Any suggestions?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Assuming the price of the bulb , is it the xenon style ? Can you provide me with your vin? Did you also swap the igniter ? With th xenon style or hid however you want to call it there are a few different components we will need to check. Let me know if you still need help. Sorry for the delay. I willdo my best to help. Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Lou, I will look up the Vin number when I get a chance. I'm currently on travel and won't be able to get back with you with that until probably Thursday of this week. I did not swap the igniter but I went online and looked and it also said that could be a problem. Where is the igniter physically located and what do I need to do to change it out
Ok , the igniter is the part that the bulb snaps into before it clips into the housing , now if your bulb is part of the igniter then this will Simplify things and maybe lead us to the module that is usually under the headlight. I'll do some looking today , it had been a while since I seen a SLK and especially one with your style headlights if we are in the same page. That's why I wanted the vin to double check and get you the correct information. Safe travels. Lou