Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

450 sl: I have a Mercedes 107 450 SL. It was running too fast.

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 107 450 SL. It was running too fast. A mechanic suggested that the WUR needed to be replaced. I did so it made no difference. I replaced the Auxilliary Air Valve. It was defective. But this wasn't the problem.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mistakenly used two emails. If you reply please use***@******.***
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** you install a new or a used auxiliary air valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a refurbished one. I checked it out with a hot water and it worked fine. I think I might have resolved the problem. I adjusted the throttle carburetor linkage and got the idle back to normal. A little fiddling with the idle screw and things seem pretty normal. Is it possible when I put in the WUR and AAV that it changed the throttle settings. It took it in about 3/8 of an inch
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
The linkage should not hold the throttle open at all. Disconnect the link that leads down to the throttle body and then adjust the linkage so it just falls back onto the linkage ball without opening the throttle. Idle speed is adjusted with the idle air screw next to the auxiliary air valve.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Do you need anymore help with this?
Marty