MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

C300: 2014 c300 4matic. 18K miles. i have a high pitch squeal/whistl

Customer Question

2014 c300 4matic. 18K miles. i have a high pitch squeal/whistle type sound at low speeds. sometimes there, sometimes not. sometimes when it's morning and newly driving, sometimes not. sometimes when it's been driven for a long time, warmed up - sometimes not. just started about 1000 miles ago. seems to be the rear wheels, not sure if it's both or just the passenger. i mostly drive on rural, poorly maintained (potholes gallore and bad patch jobs) roads. i've hit a few of them rather hard. what do you think is wrong? it wouldn't be breaks already, right?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
When you get the noise, if you depress on the brake pedal does it go away?