MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

C240: My 2005 C240 won't start...Ive changed the battery and

Customer Question

My 2005 C240 won't start...Ive changed the battery and checked the fuses. Fuses are good, engine turns but won't catch. Please assist
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
was the vehicle operating normally prior to this no start condition? how did this problem begin?
do you have any warning lights or messages on dash?
did you check for fault codes?
did you check for spark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was the vehicle operating normally prior to this no start condition? (YES)
how did this problem begin? (After driving not driving the vehicle for some time, more than 1 year, I drove it around for about a week and then the problems started happening)
do you have any warning lights or messages on dash?( No warning lights prior to no start condition, after not starting the check engine light came on)
did you check for fault codes? (No)
did you check for spark? (No)
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello,In this case i would start by checking for spark, and fuel. If possible retrieve the fault codes as the engine light is on.Most commonly the crankshaft position sensor would cause this problem on this mercedes.Would you be able to check these and get back to me with the results, so we proceed with the checks as needed till we pinpoint the culprit.