MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Ssang Yong Kyron: Hallo! My problem is engine p0407,,(diesel

Customer Question

Hallo! My problem is engine cod p0407,,(diesel 2.0 mercedes),,,is This posible beacouse of This cod erorr my engine is shut down ,and after 2minutes start without problem? The eror is sporadic,and is. more in intens urban trafic,where you used clutch pedal!Thank you MIHAI M.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Did you check the wiring to the EGR valve?
did you check the wiring at the engine control module? (tight and clean contacts)
When you have the problem, does the engine shut down immediately, like switched off, or does it stall gradually?
do you have other problems or symptoms, such as hesitation, poor performance, idling problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the wiring Was check,contacts evrething,the engine shut down like switched Off.What i remarc the shuting down is comand,like i sed,after a moment engine start on without eror.Only in This seconds i have cod p0407.so is posible une eror from EGR (emisions) to be interpret like major fault by the master and shut down to protect.?
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
An error by the EGR should not cause the engine to shut down. It would trigger safe mode (reduced performance) only.
The problem being intermittent is very hard to diagnose, we cannot check when everything is normal. I'm leaning towards a crankshaft sensor or an ignition switch (most common causes for such a problem on this model). But we need to start by checking the following:
- battery connections
- alternator connections
- engine earth (negative) wire
- engine control module connectors (under the glove box, under the carpet on the ground, on passenger side)
Get back to me with the results, so we proceed as necessary.
Regards,
Billy