Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C240: Pete, I have a Mercedes C240 standard transmission,

Customer Question

Hello Pete, I have a Mercedes C240 standard transmission, when I.m driving the warning triangle starts flashing and the rear breaks will activate. What can cause that malfunction?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. That's not a malfunction it's the traction control system. It's normal operation. It's stopping the wheels from slipping. How are your rear tires ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lou, my rear tires are fairly good, so are the front.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the triangle comes on flashing, the rear breaks lock and start smelling burned.
Ok so how hard are you accelerating ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not too hard Lou. In fact Iʻm doing a slow acceleration, does it matters?
Sorry for the delay we have crazy thunderstorms and rain last night and lost power , it does matter , the traction system should only kick in when it senses the rear wheels slipping , so if you are gently accelerating and the system is activating then that is not normal. So does this happen just when taking off from a stop or while driving around corners or straight roads ?
Double check all your tires too. They have to all be the same size , I have seen accidental sizes put on causing this. When did this start ? Out of nowhere or was recent work performed ?