Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

CLK500 Convertible: Marty, the alarm on my 2005 clk 500

Customer Question

Hi Marty, the alarm on my 2005 clk 500 convertible does not work. If I open the door through an open window when it's locked, nothing happens. Thanks, Graham
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Graham, sorry for the long wait on this question. If you are able to lock the car with the remote and the alarm will not sound when opening the locked door after the car has been locked for a few minutes the most likely cause is a faulty alarm siren. I would get the vehicle connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check for anti theft alarm faults. There will be fault codes stored that will point towards the problem. There could also be a basic programming issue with the alarm system.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty