Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

S500: I have a 2000 Mercedes S500 in very nice condition, 125,000

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Mercedes S500 in very nice condition, 125,000 miles, and I love my car. One of my dogs chewed into the bottom cushion of my drivers seat. After looking for a while I recently bought a replacement seat cushion for very cheap on EBay. It's a perfect match. Gray color is spot on, has the ventilation holes, etc. Can I do this myself? How would I? Mercedes servicers in the area WILL NOT install used parts they haven't acquired and marked up. Thx, Not A Car Mechanic Guy
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** shop an replace this cushion, and it takes less than a half hour to do, if you like, I can out together a PDF file, that shows all the steps fpr replacing, with pictures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be great.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Below is a link to the bPDF file, it contains all the info need to do this,Tim
http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?uid=69911cdb9f667454fecbf89b1f1994f-3d10903bed9ba67f&targetID=12Sr3NF0Ch82fNRomRbEjA_I_I
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Please dont forget to rate me so I can get paid for helping, thanks in advance,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll need to do it tomorrow as I'm at work and won't be able to try it until I get home. But it looks simple enough.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
No worries, but please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit, you can always come back to this question and ask follow ups, for no charge,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well some kind of snafu is happening here because your instructions didn't make any sense. The only thing I can think of is that you're thinking I'm replacing the wrong thing. I'm replacing the whole lower left seat. There are electrical connectors on the bottom of the replacement part for the heater, it has a metal base with two screw holes on each side and the front, and it looks like I have to take a plastic cover off around the seat base to get access to the screws. I don't know HOW I'm going to unscrew the right side, which is pressed right up against the center console.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I was off for the weekend, do you still need help with this?