Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C300: Our 2010 Mercedes C300 appeared to have dead battery.

Customer Question

Our 2010 Mercedes C300 appeared to have dead battery. Called AAA and they could not get car to take a charge or start. Now car is dead, stuck in park, and key is locked in ignition. Any thoughts?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Sounds like the ignition switch has failed. This is a huge issue on the 2010 models. The ignition switch will have to be replaced by a dealer as there is reprogramming required. The ignition switch is the slot that you put the key into to turn and crank. Sorry if you already knew that. Hope this information helps. Lou