MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

GL450: I have an 08 Mercedes GL450 and the suspension will

Customer Question

I have an 08 Mercedes GL450 and the suspension will not lower from the raised position. The indicator says its being lowered but it is not?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.are you trying to do this with the drivers or passengers door open ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both open and closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have even driven it above the 40 MPH that would automatically take it from raised to the lowered position due to speed per the owners manual.
you are correct, so does the message just say lowering all times? does the compressor kick on if you press the raise button? can you give me some background on why you replaced the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor went out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced it and the relay. Its says lowering all the time. Yes the compressor kicks on to raise.
ok, lets try removing the fuse to the module, ill get the fuse location.
fuse 32 in the rear fuse box on the passenger side of the hatch area. pull the fuse with the key on and reinstall it and start it up and see if it now lowers.