Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 1996 SL600 with 14000 miles. It has be in my

Customer Question

I have a 1996 SL600 with 14000 miles. It has be in my shop for 5 years. I have cleaned it up and replaced the battery and resyncronized the windows and radio. However, the hardtop will not unlatch. the botton stays lite aswell as the roll bar lights stays lite and will not lower or raise. Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the long wait on this question. For this problem the first thing I would do is check the fluid level in the hydraulic pump for the roof. The pump is located underneath the spare tire. Remove the tire and the black cover to access the pump. I would also inspect or replace all of the fuses in the fuse box in the trunk. I'd also try resetting the roll bar by pressing and holding the top of the roll bar switch to raise the roll bar for at least 10 seconds until you hear the roll bar latch.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Marty