Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a '97 E300 diesel. About a month ago I was having some

Customer Question

I have a '97 E300 diesel. About a month ago I was having some hesitation in the engine and the Check Engine light came on along with Check Engine Electronics light in the display. I got the codes read and they indicated a problem with the EGR valve. I cleaned it, re-installed it and the car now runs great but the lights won't go off. Is there a way to manually reset them?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** on this model the only way to erase fault codes in the engine control module is with a Mercedes factory level scan tool. There is no way to manually reset the fault codes or and turn off the check engine light. If the problem has been repaired and you continue to drive the car the check engine light may turn off by itself after 100 miles or so of driving. If the light remains on you will need to have the fault codes erased with a Mercedes tester.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty