Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Can you safely place a 1980 Mercedes 450sl convertible on a

Customer Question

Can you safely place a 1980 Mercedes 450sl convertible on a car rotisserie and if so where do you attach it, I was told directly into the bumper mounts front and back, and I would have a stabilizing bar across the top and attached to the jig. ***** *****
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dan and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
First, if the car has any corrosion in the body work, chassis etc.. it would not be safe.
If the chassis and the body work are in very good condition, and to be extra safe, i would attach at the chassis itself (in front where the lower control arms mount at the chassis, and in the back where the differential is mounted on the chassis).
Regards,
Billy