Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2004 S430 Mercedes. Malfunction- Pre-Save Inactive. Cause and

Customer Question

2004 S430 Mercedes. Malfunction- Pre-Save Inactive. Cause and solution.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Pre safe inactive means that something is not synchronized. Sunroof, windows , driver and passenger seat , steering wheel. Had the battery died recently ? You can relearn all the windows by holding the switch in the close position for a few seconds to make sure the window module learns the position. You know when they are learned because the window express feature will work. Also the sunroof. As for the steering wheel you have to move the switch to each stop. So move the steering wheel to every max position. Up down in and out. Same with the drivers seat and passengers. If the warning does not go out then a Mercedes scan tool will have to be hooked up to perform the steering wheel and seat relearn. Pre safe only affects the movement of the seats and glass in the event of a accident. If the car sensed a accident is about to take place it will close all the windows and sunroof and move the seat and steering wheel into the most favorable position for a crash for airbags. Hope this information helps if You need any more help let me know. That's about all there is to the system though. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error code does not say, "PRE-SAFE" It Says "PRE-SAVE" Inactive. See Operator Manual!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has this become a scam like everything else. I already paid 2 times for 1 question. Once again, the Malfunction readout says " pre- save"inactive . See operator's Manual. It does not say Pre-safe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer my question!
oh my, can you give me second to explain?
the system is called PRE SAFE, i assure you, i noticed you had 2 of the same question, i tried to close one for you but you did not use the same account for both questions.
i cant say ive ever seen it say pre save, that is not correct,regardless of the message my answer still stands, did you not see my post?
i had replied to both of your questions, i can absolutely close the other one and have it refunded thats no problem.
i had put in for a refund on your other question. so that will be refunded to you.
i will upload the pre safe info so you can see what the shop manual says about it if it helps. Lou.
here is the pre-safe info, i really hope this all helps, it is not a huge deal that the message is on and is always easy to get taken care of with no parts replacement.
if you have any questions please ask i will do my best to assist, i will always try to do my best to help the customer and sorry for the confusion with the site sometimes its hard to navigate, especially if you have a apple computer it does not seem to navigate easily., Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have emailed customer support with actual photos of the dash. I have checked the Operator's Manual from Cover to cover. Not a mention of Pre-Save. Off course, it mentions Pre-Safe, I have read and digested that part. By the way, if it is any help, as soon as that malfunction notification comes on, the transmission refuses to shift. Very Very confusing! Also, sometimes the malfunction screen reads, " No Malfunction"
ok, the pre safe will not cause a malfunction message , can you explain a little more about the shift? will it not come out of gear or come out of gear but not shift correctly? and yes the pre save message is the first time ive encountered this, your dash is not set to another language is it?
i sent over a offer just in case, up to you if you want to accept. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see the photos? Regarding the tranny, there is a definite jerk when I put it into Reverse or Drive. Once you get going it does not shift. 30 mph produces an RPM of 3000. Normally, if the tranny shifts it should read 1600 at 30MPH. The car has only 51,700 miles on it. I bought it New not Used.
i did not get any photos, BUT if the trans is doing that, there are two things you can check, 1 check the shifter display in the dash and make sure it shows the correct gear, 'D' , if not the shifter may be bad, and 2 you will have to have the codes read from the trans module, so a scan tool that can read mercedes modules will need to be used. most likely you have a speed sensor issue and the electronic plate inside the trans will need to be changed. it was very common. hope this helps. if you get me the code i can get you a more definitive answer. Lou.I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is thatyou PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed ,Lou.As a quick note if you are new to the site, the deposit you pay does not pay me for my assistance until you click the "rate your answer " link.
did you have a chance to look over everything? i hope what i sent helps in some way, let me know. i am here to help.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Lou,
I shall do so as soon as I get the matter resolved. As far as effort goes you are #1.
Thanks,
Shall remain in touch.
Mathen
Sorry for the delay we have crazy thunderstorms and rain last night and lost power
I understand , keep in mind that if you rate and for some reason are unhappy afterwards you can always contact customer service for a no hassle refund. I assure you that I have sent all of the Information that is required and the rest is out of my hands. Hope all goes well. Lou
Did you get everything taken care of ? I would like to help if you still need assistance ? Let me know. Lou