MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I can't get the trunk open on my 1999 E320

Customer Question

4matic
My wife open trunk put her purse in and closed trunk. When I returned to car my key blinked red but trunk did not open. I unlocked car with electronic key and pushed in trunk lock it depressed but trunk did not open. Inserted
valet key, can push key in but will not turn
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. if you start the car does the red light on the trunk button in the console light up? have you tried to use this button to open the trunk also?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TheTrunk lid release switch does not light up or open the trunk. The central locking switch does not open the trunk or light up, however it still operates the door locks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't known if its related but the temperature on the Instrument cluster is stuck on 65 degrees and its over 80 in my garage
ok so the temp wont matter, is the lock on the trunk facing vertical or horizontal, the key blade and key hole is rectangle so i need to know which way the slot is facing, up and down or left and right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem solved!
Checked manual for fuse location
Found remote trunk fuses 3,5, 19
In fuse box under rear seat
Reset fuses and trunk opened
Also repositioned remote trunk release rod in trunk lid it had slipped
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Close request type and phone