MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

E500: My front passenger door will not close ughhh

Customer Question

My front passenger door will not close ughhh
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
do you mean it does not shut, or it does not lock?
did it use to rattle when closing prior to this problem?
did you try to click the latch using a screwdriver, as it may be stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not rattle at all upon closing. Yes I did the stick the key in hole and lift door handle to try and get it to close. It literally rebounded off the jamb. After struggling for 1.5 hours with doing this as a YouTube video suggested this, the door finally went flush in position but wouldn't latch. So per YouTube videos I found, it suggested that you hold the door with pressure from your hand for a count of ten so It reprograms to latch. I did this and it worked. Still working at this moment.I appreciate your reaching back yesterday, but I had to drive home that evening, and short of calling AAA to tow me safely, I found other answers.