Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Cl500: problem with ac

Customer Question

problem with ac
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can you describe the problem you are having with the a/c?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not turn the ac on. on -off switch is not responding , blower blows when I set the temperature but do not look like a compressor is running, I have plenty of Freon so I do not think is a low pressure switch. prior to this time everything worked fine. so I think is something electrical maybe as simple as a relay. can you point me in a right direction
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
There is no relay for the compressor. Let's first try reading and erasing the fault codes in the system. I've made a video of the procedure. Copy and paste the link below into your browser. Make sure you write down the fault codes before you erase them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPenpU8zHU
Let me know what you find.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I did reset . code number 1269 after that on-off switch for ac start working but seems like a compressor still do not run
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You need to get some pressure gauges connected to the compressor to see if it's pumping. It sounds like you have a bad compressor or low refrigerant.