DBAutomotive
DBAutomotive, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  8 years experience as automotive technician, Mercedes-Benz Master Certified Technician
51780121

ML350: My 2004 Mercedes ML350 AC does not blow cool air. Some

Customer Question

My 2004 Mercedes ML350 AC does not blow cool air. Some days it does and sometimes it will not. The compressor is only 6 months old.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  DBAutomotive replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** have access to A/C gauges or an A/C machine? Do you know if the fan comes on? Can you hear the A/C compressor cycling on and off? Is it on warmer days that the A/C doesn't seem to work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't have access to a machine. The two fans are not moving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can be the reason for the AC fans not moving?
The fans are controlled through an All Activity Module - AAM. That is located in the same area as the fuse box under the hood. It can be as simple as a blown fuse or the fans or could be a number of other issues. It all depends on where the line of communication is dropped. If the AAM is telling the fans to turn on and they won't move then the fuse and fans should be tested to see why they won't turn on. If the modules isn't sending a signal to the fans to turn on then testing needs to be done to figure out if the module has everything it needs or if something is interfering with it. Other than checking the fuses for the AAM, fans, engine comupter this is more and more of a situation where there are a lot of inputs that need to be monitored or tested for. A wiring schematic and a DVOM (volt meter) would be necessary to continue diagnosis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will check that out
Alright. Sounds good. Let me know if I can offer further assistance.