Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

ML350: peter, I am currently fixing a ML(###) ###-####which

Customer Question

Hi peter,
I am currently fixing a ML(###) ###-####which has a rear right accident. all power is on, radio, window, tailgate, lights all work but I can't put the transmission in neutral. the rear right quarter / taillight & suspension is damge ( need to be replaced ). How can I put the car in neutral & move it around
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. So does the ML go into gear ? Does it start and run ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesnt start / run but pwr to all accessories. Not even cranking the engine
Ok that is really odd , is it the push button start ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No key but it was involved in an accident. Rear left end is banged up. ( tail lighr suspension and left rear quarter ). Just wonderung if rhere is a reset or something similar on M'350
Ok first you said right rear , now left?
There is no real reset , what happens when you put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on to the second click? Does the dash come to life ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion. Rear left ( driver side ). And yes dash comes to life. Says in the dash that there is a problem with restain system ( SRS) butthis should not prevent starting. Should it ?
You know what , depending on how hard the car got hit the pyrofuse may have blown, that fuse separates the power to the engine bay to reduce risk of fire. Let me see what you can do to test it and to make sure that this model had one installed. That would be the only thing that would make sense in this case. I'll check back soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
ok, open the engine hood, and look to the left rear of the engine bay as if you were looking toward the car, and there is a red cap, or should be, thats a prefuse box, check to see if there is power at the terminal, inside the box is a pyrotechnic separator which will kill power to the engine bay and control modules when a accident occurs, so check for power at the terminal on top and you may even be able to put a jump pack on it to get the car to start, and go into gear but the fuse box may need to be replaced, the pyrotechnic is not replaceable separately , hope this helps!! let me know what happens, Lou.
https://www.mediafire.com/?7rei5d305h4wc7c
copy and paste that link, that is the fuse box i am speaking of. if i am right then all the fuses in the fuse box near the front left of the engine bay will NOT have power , hope this helps. Lou.
Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.