Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Sprinter: I had a limp mode condition, was told the condition

Customer Question

I had a limp mode condition, was told the condition was repaired ($1500 later) and that it was just a sensor and was given a piece of equipment to over ride the sensor. drove about 200 miles believing it was ok. Now my vehicle is in VERY BAD shape. I'm already out of pocket over $7000
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would driving that distance lead to the need to replace the fuel injectors?
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. What is the answer you are Looking for ? I am sorry you are having this issue , what was given to you to override the sensor ? That does not sound good to Begin with , so far I am not liking the technician working on the van. That sounds fishy.
Can you explain in a little more detail the history of your problems and what it is now that you are needing advice on? Thanks , Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know if the damage to my fuel system...needing to replace 6 fuel injectors and all the related repairs leading up to their replacement is a consequence of overriding the sensor and traveling after resetting the limp mode status then driving several hundred miles. A mechanic said it was just a sensor and gave us something to reset /override limp mode. He said they'd fix the light when we returned.
I had opted out. Maybe another expert can provide better assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I've already been billed. Seems like I paid to ask a question.