Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Paul , i have a 2003 e500 ...the indy mechanic staed

Customer Question

Hello Paul , i have a 2003 e500 ...the indy mechanic staed i need new sbc UNIT...fAULT CODES C22B5, C2234, C2514....Also Star error 3.515.2005 communication with control module failed. Do i really need to replace the whole unit>?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note i recently replaced the pressure reservoir and took it to them for bleeding, and now the indy cannot communicate with control module....He's recommendeing whole replacement. "Red light on dash now"
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. The u it had a time limit for life and the codes indicate the unit needs replaced. You will have to replace the whole sbc hydraulic unit as it is not serviceable. The service of these Units lasts about 8-10 years depending on use of vehicle , and all models are not needing sbc units replaced. You should try the dealer first as they can try to reprogram the sbc before replacement , some aftermarket scanners can't access the menus that the factory tool can. Also Mercedes sells a re manufactured sbc unit that is lower in cost than new. I would not waste time with your unit as they will become unsafe to use once the life timer is up. Since the pump works every time a door is opened , the car is unlocked , the pedal is pressed 5 times , the pump cannot be reliable after a certain time of activations so Mercedes gave it a life span. So YES the unit absolutely needs to be replaced. In case you do not know when you press the brake pedal you are pressing nothing but a spring. The system is electronic so the sbc is doing all the braking for you. That is something you do NOT want to fail on you. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.