Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

View: Thinking of buying a 2006 Winnebago with Mercedes diesel

Customer Question

Thinking of buying a 2006 Winnebago with Mercedes diesel ..has 105k miles...good or bad..dependable...expensive parts and repair?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
i cant speak for all the sprinter style trucks but the cost of owning one is quite high, at that miles the turbo and convertor are most likely on the way out and are expensive to replace, the issues these vans have are always difficult to diagnose also as the truck diagnostic information is not as accessible as a cars and only the dealers have the best capability to diagnose and repair these, they are very nice vehicles to buy new and use the warranty on them, but only if you travel to places where dealers are located to actually work on these. i would advise against it UNLESS you are tech savvy and do your own repairs , then you can find diagnostic machines on the internet and used parts or aftermarket parts, but if you call around and ask who works on these vehicles you will be surprised as to how many shops will not even give you the time of day. so if you want to take advice from me i would steer clear of the sprinter style vans. or else you will have to create a membership here so you can have help with all the issues you will encounter lol. but seriously, form a technician who has personally worked on these and dealt with them, steer clear. Lou.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.