Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

1995 mercedes e320 wagon. sunroof appears stuck. mtr just grunts

Customer Question

1995 mercedes e320 wagon. sunroof appears stuck. mtr just grunts when you actuate the sunroof switch.
The sunroof is essentially closed, but tilted down one-half inch or so. My immediate concern is getting the rear of the sunroof up tight against the seal. Is there a way to manually crank it closed. There does not appear too be a manual crank unit behind the plastic unit that houses the light and sunroof switch>>>HELP, Thanks, ***** ***** (###) ###-####cell
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a sun roof track issue or one of the cables the motor operates is damaged.This can be common.Unfortunately the only way to manually put it in place is to usually remove the sun roof motor then push the roof into place but if a component is jamming up the track this will need repaired first.
Thanks Pete