Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

C230: The a/c on my 2005 c230 just abruptly stopped blowing...no

Customer Question

The a/c on my 2005 c230 just abruptly stopped blowing...no noises of any kind...at the time, message on the panel was telling me to add coolant...the vehicle was not running hot at the time nor has it at anytime....
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Up until the time my a/c stopped working, it worked fine...cold enough to keep me comfortable in the Arizona heat...
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the add coolant message is for the radiator coolant. The message is not related to the problem with the a/c not blowing. For the add coolant message you will need to have the coolant level checked in the coolant reservoir for the radiator. For the a/c problem most likely the blower motor has failed. The blower motor is located under the passenger side dash. Fuse 30 in the interior fuse box at the end of the driver's side dash is for the blower motor. If the fuse is good the blower motor will most likely need to be replaced.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty