Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

E350: The other day a woman backed out of a parking spot into

Customer Question

The other day a woman backed out of a parking spot into my front passenger side panel over wheel. Minor dent.left it running while we exchanged info, Drove it to my brothers 6 blocks away and when I went to strt it up it would not turn over. AAA cme the next day to tow and it turned over no problem. Did not happen again until today, 3 days later. Tried several times. notied I could not lock it with key. Replaced battery in key as doors would not lock.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
The receiver for the remote transmitter is located in that area of the impact and will need to be inspected and probably reset with a dealer special scan tool that can access the system. They sure could have designed this easier for the customer to reset it but they didnt so please dont hold that against me,I'm just the guy that has to tell you the truth about these systems. Sorry for your inconvenience but try to enjoy the holiday anyway!
Larry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
/how can i get the insurance company to agree to pay for this/ they feel it is tiotally unrelated. i have never ever had problem with my car. others are saying it is the fuel pump
Hello,It would have to be verified by the dealer to satisfy the insurance company.
Did you have any further questions? If not please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. It's the only way i get paid anything at all for working with you.
Thanks and best wishes my friend!
Larry