Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Marty i have a E240 2001 year 10 amp fuse blows F3 in

Customer Question

Hi marty
i have a E240 2001 year
10 amp fuse blows F3 in fuse box next to ECU
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the car ignition is turned of the fuse blows, thus preventing me from re-starting the engine, unless the fuse is replaced.
this can be a intermittent fault at times, as the car sometimes starts without blowing the fuse.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Do you have a meter to check the amperage or ohms ?
Also can you upload a picture of the fuse box and fuse location , because I am seeing the fuse powers the glove box light. I want to make are we are on the same page. I may have to locate a diagram for a UK car. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lou
I have attached an image of the fuse box Fuse F3 10amp keeps blowing
Ok that is great actually ! That is called the K40 relay unit. Let me do some searching and get back to you tonight or tomorrow morning if that ok. We have a holiday today in USA. If you cannot wait I Understand and will open your question up to other experts if needed. I would love to help. Let me know how you want to proceed. Lou
that fuse powers the fuel pump relay and the ecm directly, so the issue is either a shorted wire or a failed ecm., the wires are the red wires with the blue stripes, those are the ones that you need to trace out of the relay box that you found the fuse blown in. i dont think its the fuel pump because the circuit only powers the relay not the pump, so its a failed ecm or a shorted wire. hope this helps. Lou.Please rate OK/GOOD/EXCELLENT SERVICE if i have been helpful and let me know if i can be of anymore
assistance positive feedback and BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED , however do NOT
rate bad if you are not happy with my answer and please do NOT leave
negative or neutral feedback as it has a direct impact on me.THANKS,Lou.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.