MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Will you please help me gain a more clear understanding of

Customer Question

Will you please help me gain a more clear understanding of the two buttons on the gear shift panel of my 05 E500? I know one is supposed to raise the car while the other stiffens the feel, but when and why would I engage each button? Do I use them while
driving, idling, or in park? Twice today while I was driving in S1 setting, the message came up in red, "stop. Car too low". I stopped and pushed the raise car button, but that only worked one of the two times.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello. That's a good looking car. The Miles are kinda high. I seen your other question. We can answer all , have you had codes checked for the message ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its freakin awesome! The miles are high, hence the price being right :) It was one owner, I just got it last week, so no code check yet. Just the display message of vehicle too low.
I felt the front end loosness upon test drive, but figured it was just in need of brakes-the dealer emphasized that he replaced the rear brakes and all 4 tires, nothing in front. Does that sound like it will need the new front end parts some other posts mentioned?
Thank you so much for getting back to me! Where are you located? Just curious. Thanks!
I responded to your other post , we can continue both issues (or all rather ) on the other post if you wish. Normally we don't do this but you did set a good rate so I think I can answer all your issues in one swoop.