MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Marty, I had asked another question which seems to

Customer Question

Hello Marty, The car in question was a s550 w221 chassis with a bosch ME 9.7
ecu.The tech told the customer that it would be possible to copy his faulty ME 9.7 ecu files onto a used ecu by using a FG galletto ecu programmer. My question is I see several versions being sold with a v54 being the newest one. Can I buy the V54 to get the
job done? The car I am working on has a misfire on several cylinders once the car gets warm or hot . Putting an ice pack on the ecu makes it run better most times So we suspect that we have a faulty ecu as all the wires going from the ignition coils going
back to the ecu have been checked.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
hello, i may be able to help, first may i have your vin number? also i work with a company that repaires ecms and they may be able to help.