Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Cls 500: You visited a car wash and now I have a check engine

Customer Question

You visited a car wash and now I have a check engine light an abs light, as well as a brake light on my dash,and my steering is very hard
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
Inspect and make sure the engine drive belt did not slip off as sometimes water can cause it to slip off of a pulley.If this is o.k. I suspect an electronic had got wet when it was washed under the hood with the engine electronics.
If the belt is o.k. what will need to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and reads all fault codes.The codes that are set in the engine computer and abs computer will help point out the cause here.You may be lucky and it may be an electrical connection that has water in it just needing dried out.
Thanks Pete