Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2008 Mercedes c300 sport...cooling fan running on high at all

Customer Question

2008 Mercedes c300 sport...cooling fan running on high at all times and ac compressor not coming on
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Are you talking about the engine fan ? And is there a check engine light ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes engine fan..I do have a ck light which is po410 but I had code before ac spot working
Ok , these cars were prone to 2 issues , The cooling fan will short out and stay running or the ECM will short out and continue running the cooling fan for no reason,do you have a meter or test light ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have test light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plug to compressor has no power
Ok , sorry for the delay , not worried about the compressor yet , with the radiator fan plugged in and the car running so the fan is on , check the wiring , on the 2 small wires there should only be 1 with power. If both have power then the ECM is bad , the ECM is on the top center of the engine. If there is only power on 1 wire and the fan is running then the fan is at fault. Now the ECM is covered under 8yr 80k mike warranty if your still under that. Depends on when the car went into service meaning sold. So check the radiator fan wiring. Let me know.