Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C240: mercedes radio stopped working no lights turning on

Customer Question

mercedes radio stopped working no lights turning on
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Check fuse 64 in the drivers side of the engine bay fuse box. When looking at the fuse box it's the one in the far right corner. The fuse may have blown. If not let me know. Hope this information helps. Here is a link
http://www.mediafire.com/view/999m79f9h1ro4a7
It's a picture of the fuse box. Hope this information helps.
Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Lou I appreciate your help, im just not really sure where the fuse box is located
Ok that's ok. Open the hood. And look in the right corner near the drivers side almost by the windshield. There's a black cover that may be there with two twist clips , twist them half turn and pull the cover off. Then you will see another black cover. It has 2 snaps on it. Pop the snaps up and it will unlatch. Than pull the cover up and out toward you. Let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the numbers I found on the fuse box that you mentioned for 64 located at number 10, do the numbers matter? and how do I replace it and check if it blew or not
If your talking about the number on top the fuse , that means it's a 10 amp fuse. Here's a link for you
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7mv9n1489jia7md
When the metal strip does NOT connect the two outer pins that means the fuse is blown. Sometimes it will also be black or burnt in the middle. Hope this information helps. Make sure you replace it with the same type of 10 amp fuse. You should have a small bag of fuses in the trunk in the spare tire tool kit all Mercedes came with spare fuses. If you need more help I'm sending over a phone offer. Maybe I can explain easier or better if need be. Lou