Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

S600: marty My S600 saloon 2004 would not start. It shows

Customer Question

Hi marty
My S600 saloon 2004 would not start. It shows ignition light but would not kick
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin do you get any clicking from anywhere ?all dash lights look normal? If headlights are turned on whilst turning key to crank position do they dim at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kevin, there are no clicks at all...All lights on dash look normal and headlight doesn't dim. I ran ann obd check and it read CAN communication to system is faulty.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the codes that wherein system ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also do u think it could be the starting relay? And where's the location on an s600 2004 mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
It could be starter relay I unfortunately being how rare your model is don't have access to this info I Can opt out to see if there is anyone else online that can help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin, the gear would not change even with the dash lights coming on
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the long wait on this question. For this problem I would suspect a faulty transmission control module. If the module is faulty your starter will not engage and the shifter will not come out of park. I'd suggest installing a used transmission control module as a test.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Marty. I have installed a new transmission module but now the car does not rev at all. The pedal goes flat to the ground and the throttle actuator is stuck closed unless manually opened.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Great! I'm glad that got it running. We are not supposed to answer questions about different problems under the same question. I will be glad to help you with the throttle actuator problem as soon as you rate my service on the previous problem. I do not get paid for helping you unless you leave a positive rating for my service.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Marty but you did not answer the previous question, I got it done before you even replied to my message. I was only updating you with the steps I had taken
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I understand. For the throttle problem try initializing the throttle actuator by turning the key on to the second click and leave it there for 3 minutes then start the car and see if the throttle works.
Let me know how it goes.
Marty