Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes S430: I have a s 430 Mercedes 2001 why it was running

Customer Question

I have a s 430 Mercedes 2001 why it was running I pull out the L relay fuse damn put it back in while I was running and it shut down now I can't get it started what do I need to do I turn the key and gets nothing
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** mentioned the L relay fuse, was it a relay that you removed or was it a fuse? Where exactly was it located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a relay fuse it was removed from the choke which is Mark L
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting on an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a relay
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so relay L is the starter relay. Are you sure you placed it back in the correct slots? Is the shifter in park?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your car still wont start when I turn the key I don't know what to do or what to check can I please get some help God bless
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there another fuse box or fuse in the car I need a - somewhere that I don't know about that I need to check or look for that I might have blown that gives power to the ignition
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are there any other symptoms that you can tell me about that might help me track down the problem? All you told me was that you removed the starter relay and put it back in place and then the car stopped. That does not give me very much to go on. Can you give me all of the background on the problem? Why did you remove the relay in the first place?