Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

THANK YOU , ANOTHER QUESTION how to evacuate system

Customer Question

HI THANK YOU , ANOTHER QUESTION how to evacuate system
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you're quite welcome. Please remember that you have to click on a rating on the previous question in order to credit me for helping you.
In regards ***** ***** the system, is there any refrigerant in the system at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will answer previous questionalso
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the rating on the previous question.
In order to evacuate the system you will need to connect an electric vacuum pump to a set of a/c pressure gauges. Connect the hose fron the gauge to the low side port of the system, open your low side gauge and draw the system into a vacuum for an hour. Your low side pressure gauge should drop to approximately 29" Hg immediately. After an hour you should close your pressure gauge and turn off the vacuum pump and let the system sit for 15 minutes to see if it loses vacuum. If it does it means that you have a leak in the system. If the gauge holds steady you can go ahead and recharge the system.
If you don't have gauges or a vacuum pump you should have this service performed by an a/c shop or general repair shop. Most shops will evacuate and recharge your system for a 1 hour labor charge plus the refrigerant.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty