Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

E320: what would stop the blinkers, driver seat and steering

Customer Question

what would stop the blinkers, driver seat and steering wheel adjust controls,trunk unlock,the doorlock button on the dash panel from working? But I can lock and unlock the drivers door and roll up and down the windows with the hard key, and the flshers still work with the switch on the dash.But I can`t unlock the trunk with the hard key or elect. switch and my electonic ignition key wont lock or unlock doors or trunk. It only starts the car. This did`t happen one thing at a time but all at once.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** fault with the vehicle network can cause these problems. Try resetting the network by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 minutes then reconnect it and see if everything works.
Let me know if it works.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected the negative battery cable for 18 minutes just to make sure it was enough time, reconnected it and the blinkers now work and the electronic key locks and unlocks doors, but not trunk and all other issues persist.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
One of the modules on the CAN-B network is corrupting the communication and causing the problems. The challenge is to locate the module. Ideally a diagnostic test should be performed with the Mercedes tester to see which modules are not communicating. The rear window modules often act up on this model.