Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 2006 CLS500 is saying brake service visit workshop. i have

My 2006 CLS500 is saying brake service visit workshop. i have replaced all pads and brake sensor how can i get rid of that response on my instrument.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. The message does not refer to the brake pads. Your car had electronic brakes. Are you aware of what that means ?
Was the same warning on BEFORE you replaced the parts ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Ok your car has electronic brakes. And the pump inside had a lifetime to it. So when this life timer expires it sets that warning off. And it's about a ten year life span. And these cars are starting to have the warnings pop on all the time
Mercedes had extended the factory coverage for this part called the SBC unit. (Sensotronic brake control) due to the expense. So if you call your local dealer and give them your vin, they can set you up with a appt to have it diagnosed to verify the failure of the pump or time expiration rather
Only then can they order the part (sometimes it's in stock) and replace it at no charge. Hope this information helps. If you have ANY questions let me know. I will be happy to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.