Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

S430: , Marty. Can you tell me *exactly* which fuse(s) in

Customer Question

Hi, Marty. Can you tell me *exactly* which fuse(s) in a 2002 Mercedes S430 control the airbags (SRS) and seat belt pretensioners? Thanks,
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, the air bag system control module controls all of the airbags and seat restraints. The control module is powered by relay kB and kC located in the left front fuse and relay box under the hood. There are no fuses between the relays and the module but the power supply to the relays is fused by a 150 amp fuse located under the passenger side floor footrest panel. The fuse powers numerous circuits in the fuse box so I expect that it will be ok. You can remove the two relays and verify that there is constant power to terminal 87 in the relay connector. If power is present your fuse is ok.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty