MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I just bougt a 2012 E 350 cabriolet. Reverse camera does not

Customer Question

I just bougt a 2012 E 350 cabriolet. Reverse camera does not go on ALL the times I put in reverse. Are ther settings I need to change. It always does when I start the car but not afterthat.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
there was a issue with that , that could be resolved with a software update from mercedes, it has to be done with scan tool but i believe there is a fix for that it is not a setting or anything you are doing, and just to make sure, the radio has ton when this happens, some models had the command come on and show reverse camera even if it was off but this is not the case for all. so just to be clear the radio has to be on for the camera to work. also the rear camera may be the issue, so its worth taking it to the dealer to have it checked. warranty is 4 years and 50 k miles so you should still be under that. and it would be covered. hope this helps.Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.