Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Mercedes 550S: DaveI have a Mercedes 550s. It has two

Customer Question

Hi Dave
I have a Mercedes 550s. It has two batteries. It has to be jumped often. Do no use car much. I know this is bad. Which jump started do you recommend? So many sizes available. Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
have you thought about getting a battery charger? they are only about 30$ and are very easy to install, jump starting is actually bad for the car, it will cause many issues, sometimes it will cause a module to fail and modules are about 1500$ right off the bat. if you need a jump start i recommend 4 or 6 gauge. the lower the guage the thicker the wire so dont go higher than 6. hope this helps.Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.