Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Sl500: I have a 1998 500 SL or SL 500 that the check engine

Customer Question

I have a 1998 500 SL or SL 500 that the check engine light come on and I'm getting a code 362
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** is no code 362 for the Mercedes. How did you obtain that fault code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right. Wrong code.
There is a P0133 and P1519
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the P0133 is a fault code for the right front oxygen sensor. I'd replace the sensor for that code and make sure there are no vacuum leaks at the manifold. The P1519 is fault code for the right side camshaft adjusting solenoid located at the front of the right cylinder head. The solenoid needs to be checked for proper operation with a scan tool or you could disconnect and briefly apply power and ground to the solenoid and see if it affects the engine running. If nothing happens you will need to replace the solenoid.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty