Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C230: 1996 c230 - none of the guages are registering.

Customer Question

1996 c230 - none of the guages are registering.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, i filed my email etc twice by acident. the 2nd time you told "your email address has already been used"
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.are you still needing assistance? have you checked fuses 3/7/10 in the fuse box in the left side of engine bay?
let me know if you still need assistance, i will do what i can to help. sorry for the delay. Lou.
hello, have you checked the fuses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have opened the box. How do I recognize fuses 3/7/10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, would it better to talk on the phone(###) ###-#### ***** *****s
i sent a phone offer, the fuses are numbered on the box and also a label on the underside of the lid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I checked the fuses, they were ok. What else could it be?Harry
At this point you will need to remove the cluster and we will have to check the connections to make sure power from the fuses is actually present. Also forgot to mention even if the fuses look ok make sure they have power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check whether or not they have power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I have to pay $20 more, I am approaching the point where I might as well go to a garage.Harry
No I sent the phone offer to speed along the process. I will opt out and another expert will be along shortly to assist.
I have opted out. I usually can assist with these types of issues but today I am not able to reply as fast as you would need me too so another expert will help out. Hope it all works out for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adding to the details - Among the instrument cluster located behind the steering wheel, there are warning lights, outside air temperature, mileage and clock time. They all work. What is not working are the guages that have pointers indicating engine tempersature, odometer and speedometer. At first, it was intermitant - sometimes they would, and then not work. Now they never work. ***** *****s
harry the dash cluster has to come out and you need to test for power at a few wires. heres how to remove the dash cluster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvNSQ_tOTQ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the help of your video, I have tried to take out the cluster but part way out it is wedged against the steering wheel. (FYI- I dont have sound on my PC, only the video).
I think it's time to talk on the phone,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This falt has a pattern! After I put the car in the garage, when I next use the car everything works until I turn the engine of at a destination.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep asking for phone call, but I get no answer!!!!!!!