Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

S550: My car has a push button to start and turn off the car.

Customer Question

My car has a push button to start and turn off the car. Just now, the push button has had to be pushed several times to turn off the car and to start it.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me what kind of Mercedes this is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010 S550
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. Did you still need help with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It has been taken care of.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I am glad that it is taken care of. If you need any other help in the future please let me know.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. If you ever have issues with the push button starter not working , simply pull the button out and use the key. The button is just a plastic button. I wanted to add that in case you ever have a issue again. Hope this information helps , Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to contact my Service Advisor, at the Dealership. He told me the same thing about removing the button and using the key. He also advised that the key needed new batteries. Once the batteries were changed, the push button worked again.
ok great, that is what i figured, next time you have a issue please request me i am a actual mercedes benz tech, so my advice is based off of experience. take care.