Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

CLK 350: i tried raising my top on a '09 CLK, and the error

Customer Question

i tried raising my top on a '09 CLK, and the error message said to engage rollover bar. how do I do this?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** for the wait on this question. Your head rests will need to be lowered following the procedure you saw on the you tube video. It's pretty difficult to do as you can see. First you need to locate the lever with the tool. It's a spring loaded lever but it's not very springy. It's sometimes hard to locate. Once you locate the lever you press down with the tool and at the same time you need to force down the head rest. The head rest offers a lot of resistance. If you are unable to lower them most Mercedes shops will lower them for a 1 hour labor charge. The charge would include scanning and erasing the fault codes in the roll over bar system.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty