Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

C230: I drive a 2005 C230 Benz recently the alarm will go off

Customer Question

I drive a 2005 C230 Benz recently the alarm will go off on it own with the hazard light flashing, now my key doesn't open or close the doors doing it manually,please what could be the issue,thanks. Chiagozie Chidebe Nigeria
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the alarm problem could possibly be a weak battery in the alarm siren. If the battery in the siren becomes weak it will cause the alarm to go off randomly. A new siren may solve the problem of the alarm going off. Ideally you should get the car connected to the Mercedes tester to check for fault codes in the anti theft alarm system. The remote key problem may be a blown fuse for the antenna. Fuse #8 in the rear fuse box is for the antenna. Check that fuse and see if it is blown.

Let me know what you find.

Marty