MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Ml350: i have a ml350 2007 and my wife was driving the car

Customer Question

i have a ml350 2007 and my wife was driving the car to work a few minutes ago and a loud buzzing noise just randomly started under the hood at the firewall.She brought it home and shut the car off and it kept buzzing very loudly then stopped.We havnt touched the car and it just started again. The car alarm keypad operates the locks when the buzzing is going off and the car starts and shuts off.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. There is really nothing mounted to the firewall that can make a buzzing noise is it louder in the engine bay or inside the car ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the engine bay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not coming from the engine itself though. Sounds like an electrical alarm or something .
ok, can you not locate the exact area? this is quite a unusual issue, if we can localize the noise, i can tell you what is there that can make the noise, open the hood and stare at the center of the engine and rotate your head left and right to determine if the noise is coming from the drivers or passenger side. also if you want we can upgrade to a phone chat and i can send you my number you can send me a sound sample. let me know,.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it. It was the alarm. A short circuit caused the alarm horn to sound. Thanks
ok, cool, glad you found it, you can process your refund by following the customer service links.