MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

C240: Marty, my girlfriend has a 2002 Mercedes C240 with 125,000

Customer Question

Marty, my girlfriend has a 2002 Mercedes C240 with 125,000 miles. The car had been serviced by a Mercedes dealer up till November 2014 when the car was taken somewhere else for an oil change. This shop performed an engine flush, changed the oil replaced the spark plugs and wires. I've since had the car at two shops one that does nothing but Mercedes and they can't figure out what the source of the problem is.
Her car ran fine until the spark plugs and wires were changed. Now the car burns an excessive amount of oil which seems to be caused by a crankcase pressure problem. I've had the valve covers hot tanked and I replaced all the breather hoses.
When she starts her car ion the morning and sometimes after running for a while it will blow out a huge bluish white cloud of smoke. Every so often the car will blow out a huge cloud of bluish white smoke while being driven, then the check engine light comes on and the car misfires. She pulls over turns the car off re-starts the car and continues on her way. I was thinking about replacing the valve covers but I don't want to and still have the problem.
What causes this problem and how do we fix it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Can you tell me what they did for a "engine flush "??