Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

600 SEL: Driving my 600 SEL from NC to CA. ASR light came in

Customer Question

Driving my 600 SEL from NC to CA. ASR light came in at 7440 feet after a uneventful trip about two hours from home. I stopped the vehicle once safe and restarted it. No ASR light but, I had no power and could not accelerate over 25 mph.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. When the asr lights come on it means most of the time there is a issue with the throttle bodies. Check your wiring harness. All over the engine. See if it is cracking and showing bare wiring. If it is. You will need a new engine wiring harness and both throttle bodies. Mercedes used a bad wiring insulator and after years it would crack and wires would short out. Same for the internal of the throttle body. So if your wiring is flaking you will have to have it replaced along with the throttle bodies. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Harness and throttle bodies replaced, according to seller, "recently". I have discovered lots of little things that do not work properly since purchase and some larger ones too. Like the rear suspension: this vehicle should ride like a champ and I found it rougher than my Honda Pilot after getting underway.
I was able to limp it to the only MB mechanic here and he was able to interrogate the right side of the engine but not the left. There were no error codes and he was unable to "see" the transmission. I failed to mention that east of Nashville, TN, the check engine light came on and stayed on until Gallup,NM. I have thinking that there could be something amiss with exhaust/emissions/cat as well.
Ok , so it's currently at the dealer ?