Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Slk230: i have a 1999 slk230 kompressor. when i turn the key

Customer Question

i have a 1999 slk230 kompressor. when i turn the key on, none of the warning lights actually light up. Neither the left nor right side illuminate at all. All fuses were checked. What may be causing this?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the car start and run? Do the hazard flashers or turn signals work?

It's almost 11:30 here in Florida so I may not reply until tomorrow morning.

Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Starts and runs fine. All gauges work and illuminate. Hazzards and signals work fine. As do headlights and fog lights

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
So no red battery light or SRS light with the key turned on to the second click, is that correct? Does the high beam indicator light up when you turn the high beams on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No light at all. No high beam indicator. Nothing on either bank of warning lights

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, sorry for the wait I couldn't stay up last night.

You need to make sure that fuse 3 and 37 are good and that they have power when the key is on. If the fuses have power the problem will be either a bad instrument cluster or a problem with the connectors to the cluster. Next step would be to remove the instrument cluster and check the two electrical connectors. If the connectors are secure the problem will be internal to the cluster.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty