Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C230 K

Customer Question

I have a '99 C230 Kompressor with 101k miles. I got a check engine light a couple months ago and had to replace my upstream o2 sensor. ever since I did that, the car has been running awful. I found I had many vacuum leaks under the hood and I fixed all of them but the car is still low on power and almost stalls when i come to a stop. however, the car idles great. i have also replaced my cam sensor and map sensor as well as cleaned my MAF. any ideas on whats going on?

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Replacing oxygen sensors with aftermarket can cause more issues than the original. Hope you used Bosch sensors. Also what is the engine code ? And pull the vacuum line off of the fuel pressure regulator at the front of the fuel rail. If there is witness inside than the fuel regulator is leaking and that is flooding the engine. These engines are pretty easy to diagnose just need a code to help assist. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.