Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

ML320 Bluetec: engine codes P20BE P2006 P204F

Customer Question

ML320 BlueTec, 133k miles, just had oil cooler seals replaced and now have engine codes that were not present prior to repair. It could be simply coincidental, or perhaps there is some link to the repair.
Check Engine light came on right after oil cooler seal replacement.
Codes: P20BE and P2006
Had front Oxygen sensor replaced immediately.
Check Engine light came on right after this repair.
Codes: P20BE and P204F
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would have the place that did the repairs to your vehicle re check their work to see if anything was bumped loose or damaged in any way that has caused this here.In allot of cases this usually ends up being the fault where something was bumped loose,damaged or shorted during the repair or left disconnected.
If this was already checked over and the work found to be o.k. with no issues let me know.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for delay. I do need help still. I went on a trip and parked the Benz for a month. I asked the mechanic who to look it over. He says there is not a problem with the wiring. He says the code indicates a failing heater in the adblue system. I reset the check engine light and things stayed off for a few miles but then returned the P20BE and P20BEpd. So that's where I am at this point.